Email a Camper
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CAMPER!
"EMAIL A CAMPER"- log in here to send an Email
Information About Emails
Cub Creek Science Camp has partnered with Bunk1.com to offer a secure, easy to use, summer e-mail service that will let you stay in touch with your campers while they are at camp. By registering with Bunk1, you will be able to email a camper while they are away at camp. This is a one-way service, campers will not be responding to you through this e-mail service but may send an e-mail to you through the Bear River Ranch server at no charge.
How to Register for Bunk1 Service
To set up a new account, email a camper and read the daily newsletters:
1. Click the “EMAIL A CAMPER” button* at the top of the page
2. Click the “Register Now” button
3. Enter your Pre-Approved Registration Code given to you by camp.
4. Fill out all the required information
5. Purchase Bunk Note credits (You will need a credit card)
Campers may send outgoing e-mail through the Bear River Ranch system at no charge.
** For your camper’s safety, please do not share the Pre-Approved Registration code.
How Do I Send a Bunk Note (one-way email) to my camper?
Once an account has been created you will be able to follow the same link “EMAIL A CAMPER” anytime you want to send an e-mail. Sign in and click on the “Send a Bunk Note” button, enter your campers’ name, select the correct cabin, type your message and hit “Send”. You will also be able to view the daily NEWSLETTERS that will be posted to Bunk 1 news.
Sending and Receiving Emails:
Emails are printed and delivered to campers at lunch time (12:30 pm – 2:00 pm). Email are not received by campers in real time.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Emails must be sent before 9:30 am EASTERN STANDARD TIME in order to be included in that day's mail call. E-mails that campers write are sent out in real-time, which is a common cause of confusion among our parents. So. . . If you may receive an e-mail from your child at 12:30 in the afternoon asking why you haven’t written, (when you did write them the day before), remember that your child will not receive your note until 12:30 – 2:00 pm depending on lunch and free-time schedules for the day.
Can Other Relatives Use These Services?
Certainly. Once you have set up your account, you will be able to invite other people to access these services.
Why Do I Have to Pay to Send Bunk Notes (one-way email)?
Bunk1 is not a free service for us. Each morning, the Bunk Notes system bundles and sorts the messages for us to print out and distribute to campers. It allows us to easily manage these emails and protects us from computer viruses. Your payment helps us cover the cost of the system, paper, ink and labor and more importantly, frees us to do what we do best – be with your kids! Bunk Note credits cost $1 each and can be purchased in packages of various sizes.
What Does It Cost to Send Bunk Notes?
E-Mail Packages available for one-week campers include:
- $5.00 for 5 Bunk Notes (This will allow parents of one-week campers to send one e-mail each day beginning on Sunday. E-mails sent on Sunday will be received on Monday for distribution during the Lunch mail call)
- $15 unlimited text only Bunk Notes (This option will allow everyone in the household to send as many e-mails as they like during the week. This is perfect if you have more than one child coming to camp or more than one person who will be sending e-mails)
- $20 unlimited deluxe Bunk Notes (One unique feature about Bunk Notes is its ability to turn an ordinary text message into a fun activity. Bunk Notes allows you to add borders, word searches, and even pictures. Each add-on is typically 1 credit. With this package, you can include as many add-ons as you like to every e-mail.
E-Mail Packages available for campers staying Two weeks or more include:
- $10 for 10 Bunk Notes
- $30 for unlimited text only Bunk Notes
- $45 for unlimited deluxe Bunk Notes
What Do I Do If I Lose My Username and Password?
You can retrieve it online by going to www.Bunk1.com and clicking on the link “Lost Your Password?” (Left side of the page below the sign in button). You will receive an e-mail with your username and password within a few minutes.