Bear River Ranch offers unique learning opportunities in all aspects of camp management. Interns may choose to be involved in any of the following:
- Program development and administration
- Therapeutic Recreation
- American Camping Association accreditation
- Animal care, propagation, training, and education
- Staff recruitment, screening, hiring and training
- Development and implementation of education programs
- Photography and media portfolio opportunities
Internships at Bear River Ranch are ideal for students interested in a career in organized camping, outdoor education, parks and recreation, or therapeutic recreation. With more than 300 animals of 100 species at the Ranch, Veterinarian and Animal Husbandry students would also have an outstanding learning opportunity.
The duration of each internship varies with the individual goals of the student. Internships are individually tailored to meet the needs of the intern and the Ranch. Interns at Bear River Ranch receive: Room and a $200 per week stipend.
Interns at Bear River Ranch spend their mornings caring for our animals and afternoons working on their own individual projects. Interns are expected to be self-directed and goal oriented. In order to apply, please complete our on-line staff application and follow it with an e-mail describing your goals for a successful internship.