Summer Camp Job Benefits
YOU can bring a smile to someone's face and build memories to last a lifetime!
Why throw away another summer sitting behind a desk, flipping burgers, or clicking a keyboard, when you have the opportunity to enhance your resume and work with kids in the beautiful outdoors! A summer at Cub Creek Science Camp will expand and develop your lifetime skills. You'll love being part of our outdoor adventures, and most importantly, you can make a difference in your life and the life of a child.
Cub Creek is located just outside Rolla, Missouri, along the northern edge of the Missouri Ozarks on 300 acres of oak / hickory forest. Wild turkey and deer abound. Campers come from all over the world to be a part of this program. We think there is no better summer job in Missouri or anywhere else than a camp job at Cub Creek Science Camp!
The benefits of working at Cub Creek Science Camp?
Besides, where else can you work that offers…
- Great Pay ($2000 for the summer + $200 credit in our camp store)
- Free Food! (with as many as many as 225 meals over the course of the summer. That could save you well over $1,200)
- Free Lodging (in air-conditioned cabins, free housing saves you bunches!)
- Swimming Pool, wi-fi, Big Screen TV's with cable in the staff lounge, hiking trails, interaction and experience with amazing animals, and river access on days off!
- Hands on experience with over 100 different species of animals.
- The chance to be remembered forever by a fantastic group of campers that you will never forget.
- One of the most fun and rewarding summer jobs you will ever have!
Experience the most fun you have ever had, working harder than you have ever worked.
The fine print:
- Staff must be willing to modify their behavior to conform to the standards of Cub Creek Science Camp.
- Ipods, laptops, and all other electronic entertainment devices are not allowed. You may keep them in your staff locker for use on your days off, but they may not be used inside camp.
- Profanity and personal insults are not tolerated. We expect our staff to respect each other and model respect on every level.
- Cell phones may only be used for work purposes, breaks, inside the staff lounge or in the parking lot (never in view of a camper).
- You may want to bring a laptop, we do offer free WiFi access. (access time is VERY slow since it is shared by so many staff members)
- You must be willing to eat what is served or make accommodations based on what is available. We always have PB&J, easy mac, fruit and bread available while salad or a potato bar is available at most dinners. There is a shared fridge in the staff lounge as well as microwaves, Keurigs, and small kitchen.
- Time off is limited. You will have two one-hour breaks each day and one 21 hour day off each week.
- Missouri summers can get very hot. While our facility is air-conditioned, you will spend much of your time outside each day.
- You must be a physically fit person in order to keep up the pace of a summer at camp.
- You are expected to be willing to get into the swimming pool. You do not have to be a good swimmer, but you must be willing to be in the swimming pool with your cabin group at least two times each week.
- You will take campers on a camp out six or more times during the summer. During these camp outs you will sleep in a tent and cook your meal over the campfire.
Being a camp counselor is not for everyone. It is a lot of work. The days are long and hot. There is no drinking (of alcohol) or smoking allowed anywhere at the Ranch. You will have a group of people who will depend on you to always be looking out for their best interests. It is by no means a job that you can just coast through and collect your paycheck at the end. You will get to know your campers and fellow counselors better than you know lifelong friends. With the long hours and close living conditions, your best and worst traits will show through. By the end of a summer, you will learn more about yourself and others than you ever thought possible. Being a camp counselor is an emotionally and physically challenging job, that you can't thoroughly appreciate until you have experienced it.
There are many jobs that are easier. There are few jobs that give back so much. As a team, we work together and take the safety of our campers very seriously. As part of our team, you will be responsible for monitoring your campers on every level. We are looking for great role models for the wonderful kids who spend their summers with us.
If you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW!