Summer Camp Nurse Position
Cub Creek Science Camp
Important Information regarding our Summer Camp Nurse Position
- Dates: May 31st – Aug 11th / 3 days of pre-camp training is also required
- Pay: $4300 – $9450 = $100 – $150 per day for 4-6 days per week
½ summer position may also be considered
- May 31st – June 30 (5 weeks)
- June 28th – Aug 11th (6 weeks)
Housing for Summer Camp Nurse
A private bedroom inside a three bedroom apartment with a kitchen, living room and bathroom . This house is shared with 4 additional female staff over the summer. The living room of the apartment has a door connecting it to the camp's Health Lodge.
Schedule for Summer Camp Nurse
4 to 6 days per week. On call anytime you are on site. Typical off days are 10:30 am on Wednesday – 10:30 am on Thursday and 10:30 am Saturday – 10:30 am on Sunday each week.
Primary Job Responsibilities for Summer Camp Nurse
- Pass medication to campers.
- Provide first aid and medical assistance to staff and campers on an as needed basis.
- Keep accurate records of medically related issues at camp.
- Medication is typically passed four times each day (during each meal shift and at the end of the evening activity).
- Use of a motorized vehicle to move around camp (ATV, golf cart or similar)
- Use of washer, drier.
- An office space with computer
- WiFi access
- Air-conditioned Housing and Health Lodge
- All meals for the duration of contract
- Health Lodge Assistant to assist in all aspects of your job and to cover when your are scheduled off.
- You are welcome to bring your child / children with you to camp.
Bringing a child
The nurse has three options when it comes to bringing a child / children to camp.
- Child / children can live in the room with the nurse and the nurse is responsible for the supervision of her child at all times. This supervision can not prevent her from doing any aspect of her job. The cost for this option is $75 per week per child to cover meals, lodging and laundry.
- Child / children can live in the room with the nurse, and participate in camp activities during the day. He / she would be assigned to a specific cabin for activity participation. This means that camp is responsible for the supervision of the nurses child from 8am – 8:30 pm (excluding siesta from 2-3 pm). The cost of this option is $175 per week per child.
- The child will be a camper at Cub Creek Science Camp. This means, living in a cabin and participating fully in all camp activities. This is subject to cabin availability at a cost of $550 for early reservation or $350 per week for last minute openings.
The nurse is welcome to have her child choose a different option on different weeks.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Lori@BearRiverRanch.com
Feel free to call with any questions 573-578-7129